Skip to main content
Waiting in line

Hi, guys!

Today, let me introduce Japanese culture of waiting in line.

Have you seen these kinds of photo?





Sometimes these are used to express typical Japanese behavior.

Yes, we/Japanese like an orderly society.

Further, we/Japanese can't help but wait in line!



Source: https://grapee.jp/328909

For foreigners, it's difficult to where to wait in line and how to do so.

But, because of its high-context culture, we/Japanese are sensitive
enough to surrounding atmosphere.

During your stay in Japan, if you can't understand
whether you should wait in line and how,

please feel free to ask us/Japanese.

We'll be happy to advise you!

Or, why don't you look down.

You can find any signature in a station, CVS, mall, etc. as bellow:



source: http://s.webry.info/sp/studyenglish.at.webry.info/201410/article_10.html

Please don't hesitate to wait in line.

We're waiting for your visit to Japan!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God × 8,000,000 = 8 million Gods...?

What is "8 million Gods" in Japan?  Japanese religous outlook perhaps seems to be caos or complicated, doesn't it?  Don't worry guys.
A Manner in Celebration for Wedding Are you married? I'm still single. On the other hand, most of my friends have gotten married. Thus, I've celebrated soooo many friends so far!  In this weekend also, I'll return to my home town for my old dear friend's wedding. Here, let me introduction a Japanese manner in celebration for wedding. Source: https://askul.c.yimg.jp/img/product/3L1/981821_3L1.jpg